Cashew cheese spread is a non-dairy spread that tastes great on bread, crackers or raw veg sticks. The nutritional yeast gives it that tangy cheese flavor and a good boost of nutrients. You can omit the dill & scallion in this recipe and play around with different flavors if you like.
Cashews – High in protein, fiber and monounsaturated (good) fats, great source of minerals, encourages weight loss, antibacterial.
Nutritional yeast – High in vitamin B & B-12, high protein, high in minerals such as iron, selenium and zinc, high in fiber, gluten free, good source of folic acid.
Cashew cheese spread with dill & scallion
- 9.5 oz Raw cashews soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Nutritional yeast
- 4 teaspoons Lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic apple cider vinegar raw & unfiltered
- 1 ea. Scallion chopped (green part only)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh dill chopped
- To taste Kosher salt and black pepper
- Drain cashews and puree in food processor until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Add everything else except scallion and dill and continue to puree until smooth again. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Remove from food processor and fold in dill and scallions.