Hola! This is one of my favorite salads to make for dinner on a warm night. All you have to do is grill or sear up a steak, wack up some veggies and toss it all together and you have a quick, delicious and healthy meal. Muy rica! I like mine a little spicy so I add thinly sliced jalapeños, you can omit those if you don’t want the heat. I also usually cook up some dried beans for this too but if you don’t have the time canned beans work perfect. Just make sure you rinse them well first.
Mexican style steak salad
**Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Yield – 2 entree salads
1 each 12 oz. Grassfed Ribeye steak, seasoned with S&P, dried oregano & granulated garlic
1 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil (or other high heat oil)
1 large handful of Romaine lettuce, chopped
1 large handful of Green cabbage, sliced thin
1 each Scallion, sliced thin
2 each Radishes, sliced thin
6 Black Cerignola olives (or any other type of black olive you can find)
4 Tablespoons Queso Fresco, crumbled (Feta works really well here too)
1/2 each Jalapeño, sliced thin
1/2 cup Canned Black beans, rinsed (or 1/4 cup dried beans, soaked overnight and then simmered about an hour until tender)
1 large handful Cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 each Avocado, sliced
1 each Lime, juiced
a good drizzle of EVOO
TT Granulated garlic & dried oregano
– Get a grill or saute pan hot over high heat and add about a tablespoon of grapeseed oil.
– Sear the steak 2-3 minutes on each side (turn heat down to med-high if pan starts to get to hot and steak starts to burn) until medium-rare.
– Remove steak from the pan and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
– Toss the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl and then separate the salad on to two plates.
– Thinly slice the steak and put half on each salad.