Savory granola is something you can use on yogurt for breakfast, sprinkled in salads for lunch or as a delicious snack. With only 2 tablespoons of raw honey this is the perfect granola for anyone trying to cut way back on sugar. With so much flavor packed in from all the nuts, seeds and spices you’ll never want to go back to sweet granola again.
For this recipe I used nuts and seeds from G.L. Alfieri Farms (Ripon, CA).
- Oats – High in fiber and protein.
- Nuts – Great source of protein and healthy fat.
- Pumpkin & sunflower seeds – High in important minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium and copper.
- Sesame seeds – Great source of calcium, magnesium and other important minerals, contain lignans which can have a cholesterol-lowering effect.
- Coriander, ginger, cardamom – Stimulates digestion, anti-inflammatory.
- Cayenne – Stimulates digestion & blood circulation, antibacterial, dissolves congestion, helps you absorb nutrients from other foods.
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Yield – 6 cups
1/2 cup Coconut oil
2 tablespoon Raw honey
4 cups Rolled Oats
1/8 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup Sunflower seeds
1/4 cup Almonds, raw, chopped
1/4 cup Pistachios, raw, shelled, chopped
1/4 cup Pecans, raw, chopped
1/4 cup Cashews, raw, chopped
1 tablespoon Sea Salt
3/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon Coriander, ground
1/2 teaspoon Ginger, ground
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom, ground
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons Sesame seeds, raw
- Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small pot melt the coconut oil and raw honey together over medium-low heat. About 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, salt, pepper, all of the spices and the coconut oil-honey mixture. Stir well.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture on to it in an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown, giving the mixture a stir every 10 minutes or so.
- Let cool completely.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and store in airtight containers at room temperature.
- Granola will stay fresh for 3 weeks.