I’ve been making home-made granola for years. Once it’s made it stays fresh for weeks and can be used to make the quickest breakfast. This size batch lasts me right around 3 weeks and tastes great sprinkled over plain greek yogurt and fresh berries.
Whole grain Oats – High in fiber, low calorie, high in protein, lowers bad cholesterol and it’s filling so you can eat less and still feel full. *Favorite brand – Bob’s Red Mill. They have many different kinds of oats to choose from such as organic, gluten free, extra thick, quick cooking etc.
Organic Almonds – High in protein, alkalize the body, good source of vitamin E and contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids.
Raw organic honey – High in vitamin C, calcium and iron, an antibiotic and great for the immune system.
Organic Coconut – High in fiber, contains healthy fats, high in omega-3s and iron.
Cinnamon – Improves circulation, can lower blood sugar, antibacterial, strengthens immune system and improve cholesterol. (Ceylon cinnamon is safer in high doses than the more popular and widely available Cassia cinnamon, which can cause liver damage if used in high doses.)
Dried Ginger – Anti-inflammatory, good for digestion and an antioxidant. (Can be harmful if used in very high doses).
Dried fruit – High in fiber, nutrient dense, antioxidant. (Choose fruits that contain no additives. Eat sparingly if you are trying to lose weight because they do contain more calories than fresh fruit.)
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill organic regular rolled oats
- 1 cup Coarsely chopped organic raw almonds
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened organic coconut shreds
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Raw organic honey
- 1 cup Assorted dried fruits bite size
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix everything except the dried fruit together and spread evenly on to sheet
Need Bob’s Red Mill organic regular rolled oats? Try this!
My go to breakfast:
- 3/4 cup plain organic greek yogurt *Favorite brand - Straus Organic Plain Greek Yogurt.
- 1/4 cup home-made granola
- 1/8 cup fresh organic berries I usually use blueberries
Need Straus Organic Plain Greek Yogurt? Try this!