There is nothing more satisfying on a hot night than a grilled piece of meat and a cold Asian noodle salad. There is something about the smokiness of the meat that pairs perfectly with the vinegar and the cold crunchy vegetables in this salad.
This salad can be made ahead of time to eat all throughout the week. It is perfect for picnics and a great meal to take with you to work for lunch.
Too busy to prep all of these veggies? Do your knife skills sorta suck? Many grocery stores now sell vegetables pre-sliced in the produce section. Using these will cut your prep time on this dish way down and take some of the stress out of getting dinner on the table.
Cold Asian Noodle Salad
* Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 4 ounces Rice noodles
- 3 sprigs Cilantro whole leaves
- 3 sprigs Mint whole leaves
- 3 sprigs Basil whole leaves
- 1 each Scallion sliced thin
- 2 inches English cucumber sliced into half moons
- 1 each Radish sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Carrot julienned
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper julienned
- 10 each Snap peas julienned
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- TT Sea salt and black pepper
Follow the cooking directions on the package of rice noodles. After they are cooked, rinse well under cold water and strain.
Toss the cooked, cold noodles with the rest of the ingredients and serve.
Sarah Burchard is the author of The Healthy Locavore, a natural foods chef and experience host whose writing focuses on cooking, holistic health, supporting community and eating locally grown and made foods.